Lafayette, LA – On Saturday, August 1, Carroll Breaux, Mayor of Springhill, and former LMA First Vice President was installed as 2015-2016 President of the Louisiana Municipal Association at the Louisiana Municipal Association’s 78th Annual Convention at the Lafayette Cajundome. This promotion left a position available for First Vice President, which was soon filled by City of Gonzales Mayor Barney Arceneaux.
The annual conference is a way for all municipalities to join together in sessions that assist mayors and council members across the state in better readying themselves for upcoming changes to existing codes and enhancing clarification to codes staying in place.
“I am so thrilled to have been given this opportunity,” said Mayor Arceneaux. “The Louisiana Municipal Association allows all mayors and council members across the state to act as a unified group. Their mission of advocating, educating and empowering local governments to efficiently and effectively serve their residents is important to me personally. I vow to take this honor seriously and do all I can to better the workings of cross municipality government, while also focusing on improving Gonzales as a whole. Our municipalities need each other, so the stronger we stand alone, the stronger we stand on a statewide level. I can’t wait to get started.”
In addition to Breaux being elected as President and Arceneaux receiving First Vice President honors, Mayor Lawrence Hennigan from DeQuincy was elected Second Vice President, and ten District Vice Presidents were also chosen to serve on LMA’s Executive Board in 2015-2016.
• District “A” – Mayor Jimmy Williams, Sibley
• District “B” – Mayor Eugene Smith, Arcadia
• District “C” – Mayor Harry Lewis, Rayville
• District “D” – Mayor Ken Freeman, Many
• District “E” – Councilman Nathan Martin, Pineville
• District “F” – Mayor Purvis Morrison, Scott
• District “G” – Mayor Greg Jones, Crowley
• District “H” – Mayor Harold Rideau, Baker
• District “I” – Mayor Donald Villere, Mandeville
• District “J” – Mayor Joey Bouziga, Golden Meadow
For more information about the Louisiana Municipal Association, visit http://www.lma.org/LMA20