The City of Gonzales is committed to enhancing the sporting activities of our young people throughout our community. We offer a wide array of sporting activities to choose from. For additional information, please email our Recreation Director, Lance Kohan, at email@example.com.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING NEW BASEBALL/SOFTBALL GUIDELINES EFFECTIVE JUNE 6, 2020
- There shall be no physical contact between players and coaches. No handshakes, highfives, fist bumps, etc.
- There shall be no “pre” or “post” meetings as a team.
- There shall be no more than 6 players in a practice drill. Head coaches and assistants should practice their 6 or less groups in separate areas, then rotate stations while maintaining social distancing.
- Dugouts can be used ONLY to store equipment. Players are not permitted to sit in the dugouts. Coaches should separate players down the outfield fences down the baselines, with an assistant coach making sure the players are social distancing and protecting players from balls hit down the fence line
- Teams waiting to play or practice shall not enter the field until all players and coaches from the previous practice or game have left the field.
- TeeBall and Coaches Pitch leagues will not use a catcher during practices or games. Coaches will be stationed next to the backstop and retrieve balls not in play. Coaches should teach the pitcher or other designated player to cover home plate during play.
- Parents are strongly encouraged to purchase a batting helmet for their child. This eliminates sharing a city-issued helmet. Players using a city-issued helmet will have that helmet cleaned and sanitized before that helmet is used again.
- Parents are asked to provide their coach with a container of disinfectant wipes for their team at some point during the season .
- Balls will be swapped out frequently and sanitized properly.
- In the older group, catcher’s equipment can be shared with a teammate ONLY after that equipment is properly sanitized.
- The umpire will be stationed between the pitchers mound and second base and will maintain proper social distancing from players.
- Bleacher seating will be monitored by the park director to maintain social distancing. Bleachers will be marked to indicated “OFF LIMITS” rows.
- Parents and fans are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and sit along the fence lines using the 6 foot social distancing guidelines.
- Family groups should not exceed 10 members in the group.
- Face masks are recommended, but not required.
- Restrooms will be available, but “at your own risk”.
- Participants in the practice or game-day activities should use extreme caution and use safe social distancing guidelines. Anyone with a fever or persistent coughing or sneezing should remove themselves from the facilities out of respect for others.
SPRING BALL REGISTRATION
Online registration is open!! Simply register here. You can also register in person on Saturday, February 6 and 13, at City Hall from 9:00 until noon.
Registration is $80.
Baseball: Ages five – 14 (Must be age five before May 1, 2021)
Softball: Ages four – 14 (Must be age four before January 1. 2021)
The season is expected to run from September 7 to November 5, weather permitting.
The purpose of FallBall is to prepare players for the spring season in 2021.
For more information call Lance Kohan at 225.354.6243, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’d like to volunteer your time and coach this season, we’d love to hear from you. For baseball coaching opportunities, simply email Lance at the address above, and for softball coaching opportunities, email Chuck Breaux at email@example.com.
Basketball registration dates for the Gonzales Youth Basketball League have been set for Saturday, November 14 and Saturday, November 21. Registration will take place at City Hall from 9:00 a.m. until noon on each day.
Cost of the registration is $50. Late registrations will be $75. Late registrants will not be added to teams until January, and only if available roster spots occur.
Practices will begin in December, with games starting in January.
Please bring along your child’s birth certificate if they have not been registered with the City League before.
For information about the City of Gonzales Youth Basketball League contact Lance Kohan, Recreation Director. Lance can be reached at City Hall, 647-2841, or cell 354-6243.
- Machine Pitch: Ages 7-8
- Dixie Minor: Ages 9-10
- Dixie Youth: Ages 11-12
- Dixie Boys: Ages 13-15
- Ages 5-19
- Ages 4-15
- All Ages
- Ages 5-6